Primary School resources for children aged 5-12 years
- Story-based – you tell the story, they learn
- Build on how you think and work with young people
- Gives you resources to teach- with attractive support materials
- Includes everyday situations faced by young people at home and school
- Use the engaging characters to focus attention
- Posters and Feelings cards make learning about emotions fun
- Help listeners work out why they feel as they do- and make small changes that add up
- No jargon- yet retains the key elements needed for effective change
Why we eat elephants?
Problems children and young people (and adults) face often seem big like elephants.If you were faced with the challenge of how to eat an elephant (or a large pumpkin if you are vegetarian!), how would you do it?
One chunk at a time of course. Problems can be tackled exactly like that -by breaking them down into chunks.
“We eat Elephants” badges, Colouring sheets and Feelings cards are just some of the fun resources in the Living Life to the Full (LLTTF) We Eat Elephants course.
Course 1: Understanding Your Feelings for ages 5 to 8
Using our engaging and colourful resources, we can help young children understand what they are feeling, why, and how to deal with the effects. With scenarios to talk through, feelings cards to help explain, and other well tested CBT methods, We Eat Elephants is a great way to help children learn to communicate and express their feelings.
Course 2: Making changes to how you feel for ages 9 to 12
Dealing with current issues that our children face in both school and home environments. The loss of a loved one, failing to reach targets, peer pressure and much more, these situations can be talked through and dealt with by using our tools and resources, tailored for children of this age.
Teachers and young people supporters require an internet connection to deliver the course live via our online platform www.WeEatElephants.co.uk.