The course has been adapted from feedback gathered in school focus groups. Key features include:
- Content, worksheets and booklets adapted based on young persons’ feedback.
- Content and support scripts highlight life worries and challenges relevant to teenagers and other young people.
- Artwork updated to suit this age group.
- Powerpoint slides to run the course with all resources you need in PDF format, including worksheets to highlight learning from the sessions.
- Adapted speaker notes to help throughout every stage of the course.
- Understanding your feelings – Find out key information about what makes you tick
- Doing things that make you feel better – Plan activities that make you feel happier
- Looking at things differently – Learn how to change negative or stressful thinking
- Building inner confidence – Walk confidently, talk confidently and act confidently and slowly you’ll gain confidence
- Asking for what you need – Being assertive and respecting what both you and others have to say
- Getting a good night’s sleep – A key to a good day is a good night’s sleep
- How to fix almost everything (tackling problems) – Break problems down into manageable chunks
- The things you do that mess you up – How some things we think help are actually part of the problem
- 1,2, 3 breathe (tackling anger) – Sort out your feelings of irritability and anger
- 10 things you can do to help you feel happier straight away – 10 small steps to feeling fitter and happier.
The Five Areas team offers training in the use of the Living Life course for Young People, to help you run it effectively. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to book a local practitioner training course. We also offer training workshops on a regular basis – visit www.fiveareas.com/training for details.
Used the Five Areas booklets before and want to get straight on with delivering the classes? Please click here to read about our licenses.
To read about an example of how this resource is currently being used please click here.